Friday, August 17, 2007

Gimmick Marketing

This sign at the end of waterfront property says
"Lemonade $62 Million/Glass. House free with Lemonade."
.
If you want to sell your house, you shouldn't have to resort to gimmicks to get it noticed. Even in our very competitive market, it's important to follow a specific formula or plan to get a house sold.
.
A common formula for many agents it to first list a house at the top of it's range. If the house has not generated interest after 4 weeks, the agent might begin to place ads for the property in some free listings on low traffic internet sites and print some flyers for drive-bys.
.
After 8 weeks, the agent may begin to buy some ads in local newspapers and magazines.
.
After 12 weeks, the agent may come to the owners and get them to reduce their price. The 3 months lost to non-agressive marketing have caused the sellers to carry holding costs.
.
The closer to the listing contact expiration date, the more aggressive the agent will become to get the house sold.
.
I start with an aggressive marketing plan. I educate the owners about what they can do to get the house to show well and suggest a price point that I believe will move the house quickly so that any profit will not be eaten in holding costs.
.
I also immediately implement a marketing plan that includes several paid ads on the busiest web sites on the internet, and also in several print publications.
.
I personally show my properties to my other clients and contacts that I know who are looking for similar properties. I screen my buyers so that I know they have been pre-qualified to buy.
.
I communicate with other agents using the lates technology to gain feedback about the property and I will stay in regular contact with you about the statues of your property. If you are ready to sell your Cherokee or Cobb County, Georgia home, I hope you will call me today. I want to work for you.
.
Michael Bradford
Southern Prime Realty
770-862-8002
*If your home is listed with another agent, please do not interpret this as an attempt for you to cancel your current listing and list with me, it is only for informational purposes and you should always ask hard questions about how your home will be marketed before you list with anyone.*

No comments: