Friday, March 28, 2008

Atlanta, #2

Last week I focused on Cherokee County's growth. The news today is about the Atlanta region. According to the US Census Bureau and this article from REALTOR.com, the Atlanta Metro Area grew by 151,063 people between July, 2006 and July, 2007. This make us the second fastest metro area behind the Dallas, Ft. Worth Texas area.

Not to take away from the folks in Texas, but I been to there and Georgia is a much better place to live. I know the people of Texas are great and friendly and all, but Atlanta is such a prettier place and the people are just as friendly and nice. I believe our economy is much more broad based which will fair better during any downturn and will recover faster than a market which is more narrow in focus.

As I wrote about last week, the current buyer's market will end sooner here than most areas and we are already seeing trends that point to a recovery. Don't let this market turn before you take advantage of it. Call me today and let's find the home of your dreams before we wake up and find it's a sellers market again.

Michael Bradford
770-862-8002

No comments: