Friday, September 21, 2007

Firehouse Subs: SERVICE with a SMILE





By: Shannon Bradford

I do love to eat out and I really enjoy trying things that I've never had before. Today, I am reviewing Firehouse Subs.



Michael & I visited the Firehouse Subs at 9745-D Hwy. 92 (near I-575) next to Kinko's. This is a sanwhich shop that was started by real firemen who know how to make delicious, hot food.

When we went in, I really loved taking in the "firehouse" atmosphere. Lots of cool firemen type things everywhere - even the helmets and yellow slickers hanging on the wall. There was also an amazing mural painted on one wall. We also appreciated them having a tv with the news on so we could catch up while we waited for them to deliver our food.

A very friendly girl, Lauren, was working behind the counter and she gave me the lowdown on the menu and what some of the best sandwiches to try were. They are arranged in order of most to least popular. Michael ordered a meatball and I got the steak.

While we waited, we chatted with assistant manager, Michael Pace. He had been there for 12 hours and showing no signs of slowing down. I asked him about the resturant and he told me about how they had just saved the day for a local businesswoman who had placed a catering order with a resturant nearby. An hour and a half before the food was to be served, the resturant called to say that they would not be able to complete the order. She called Firehouse to see what they could do. With only an hour, Michael and his team put together 18 party platters and saved the meeting that this woman had planned with her clients.

Now that is the kind of service we love to see!

Michael and Lauren were both friendly and helpful and we could not decide which of our sandwiches we loved more. But be sure that we will return to Firehouse Subs again very soon.

You can visit them online at http://www.firehousesubs.com/ where you can place an order, view the menu and nutritional information, and see the various public safety charities they help and much more. You can also call the Woodstock location at 770.928.5636. Tell them that Michael and Shannon Bradford sent you!

No comments: