Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Over 600 property views in 1 week!


The real estate market has changed. We have all heard that and for those of us involved with it on a daily basis know it to be true. As with any business, when your market changes, you have to change with it or risk the chance of being left behind. With that said, I was amazed at the response of a new marketing tool that I have been using with one of my listings. It is called the "Featured Home" on Realtor.com, the worlds' largest real estate web site.


When someone does a search on Realtor.com, they usually start the search by city or zip code. The results of the search "30188" are detailed on this page. It then asks you to choose a search option - either a map or a list. But before you see the list or map, there are 4 homes (of the 8 spots for the zip code) with pictures on the left side which are the "Featured Homes" for this zip code. One of these spots is now mine which I rotate my Woodstock, Georgia, 30188 listings in and out of. But as a test for this first week, I left only one listing all week to see what kind of response I would get. My listing at 204 Whistle Wood Court got 612 property views in the week ending 9/23/07!

Even I was impressed with the results! I may be easily amused, but I am not easily impressed:)

I plan to use the "Featured Listing" on Realtor.com for all my listings. In the age of the Internet where 80% of all home buyers start their search for their next home, it only makes sense to use the tools that will reach this massive audience. If you would like to see your home get this kind of exposure in a "slow market", call me and let's get lots of people seeing your home in a whole new "Featured Home" light.
Call me today and let's talk about real estate. It's one of my favorite things to do! Michael Bradford, 770-862-8002

No comments: